Welcome International Students! Below you will find helpful information for the enrollment process. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. As the designated school official for international students, I look forward to working with you to begin your journey at Williams Baptist College.
STEPS to TAKE…
APPLY FOR ADMISSION
Download International Student Application (PDF)
Students from around the world find Williams Baptist College to be a place of learning, lasting friendships and spiritual growth. Williams welcomes international students and encourages them to apply for admission.
WBC emphasizes academic excellence, as well as personal attention for its students. International students get the help they need to succeed academically from a caring and highly capable faculty.
Williams encourages students from other nationalities to apply for admission. To qualify for admission to Williams, international students must provide evidence of a good scholastic background, satisfactory proficiency in English, and adequate financial support to cover the cost of their education. Applicants are required to submit the following:
1. A completed application form.
2. A non-refundable $20 application fee.
3. An official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Williams defines satisfactory score on the TOEFL as one the following: 500 (Paper Based), 61 (Internet Based), 173 (Computer Based), or above for unconditional admission. The test must have been taken within two years immediately preceding the requested semester of admission. ELS level 109 or satisfactory scores on either the ACT or SAT I may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL scores.
4. Official academic records. All documents must be official and in English. Photocopies are not acceptable unless they are certified by the proper academic official, complete with an original signature and seal. If possible, they should be sent directly to the Admissions Office by the appropriate education official.
5. A completed Financial Statement or official letter from a bank stating the applicant possesses adequate financial resources to fund each academic year of planned attendance.
6. A completed Williams Residence Hall Application.
7. An immunization record.
All applicants transferring from another US college or university must also submit official transcripts from those colleges previously attended, whether or not any credit was earned at the institution(s). Additionally, transfer international students must submit a Non-Immigrant Transfer Clearance form. Form I-20A, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Status, will not be issued until all necessary admission documents are on file in the Admissions Office.
Financial Aid: When you apply for admission, you are also applying for merit-based scholarships listed below. Note: International students are not eligible for any federal assistance.
International Scholarship Opportunities
If you have an ACT of 27-36 or SAT of 1200-1600, you may compete for the President's Select Scholarship, worth up to $2,000 per semester for 4 years.
If you have an ACT of 24-26 or SAT of 1120-1190, you may compete for the President's Scholarship, worth is worth up to $1,500 per semester for 4 years.
If you have an ACT of 22-23 or SAT of 1050-1110, you may compete for the Dean's Scholarship, worth is worth up to $1,000 per semester for 4 years.
If you have an ACT of 19-21 or SAT of 890-1040, you may compete for the Leadership Scholarship, worth is worth up to $750 per semester for 4 years.
Important: Once you have been accepted for admission, you will need to submit an enrollment deposit in the amount of the total costs including tuition, room, board and fees minus any institutional scholarships you are receiving. You will be able to wire your deposit and wiring information will be forwarded to you after your acceptance.